Terms & conditions
General terms and conditions
1. This Agreement governs the mutual relations between Lutar d.o.o. - RENT A CAR (hereinafter the Lessor).
The Lessor gives and the Lessee receives the use of the vehicle listed on the first page of the contract, under the terms and conditions stipulated in this contract.
2. The lesee undertakes and confirms with his signature:
- She's / he's 18 years old and has a driver's license.
- Mentioned vehicle was taken over with sealed km on the counter and gearbox in good condition, together with all relevant accessories and equipment.
- Will give back the vehicle with all the accompanying accessories and equipment in place and within the deadline set forth in this contract, or at the request of the Lessor.
- Will ask for the extension of the contract at least 48 hours before the expiry of the time limit. If the Lessee uses the vehicle without the permission of the Lessee, he / she commits to an arbitrarily extended time to pay the Lessee a double rental price.
- Lessee will take care of the vehicle's technical validity and the mandatory periodic service of the vehicle.
- Lessee will regularly control and if necessary replenish the coolant, oil and tire pressure.
- The vehicle will be maintained with the care of an orderly host.
- The rented vehicle will not and should not be used for illegal purposes in connection with criminal offenses, customs and foreign exchange violations, driver training, carriage and towing of other vehicles, trailers or parts thereof for participation in motor sport events.
- The rented vehicle will be used only for personal needs.
- Lessee will not rent or lend it to third parties, will drive the vehicle alone or the person authorized to do so by the contract as the other drivers (who must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license).-
- That he/she will not overweight the vehicle over the permitted maximum with additional persons or objects weight and will only use legal roads.
- Lessee can not cross the border of Croatia without the permission of the Lessor who is specifically included in the contract.
3. If the Lessee breakes any provision or requirement under point 2. he/she is obliged to compensate the Lessor for any damage to the Lessor. The extent of damage will be determined by the Lessor.
4. Oil charges as well as the cost of regular maintenance (except for the car wash) will be reimbursed to the Lessee with the proof of carried out payment.
The Lessee shall not alter any parts, assemblies or devices on the vehicle without the prior consent of the Lessor. The cost of the fuel consumed during the lease is paid by the Lessee.
5. The Lessee explicitly undertakes to pay the Lessor at his first request immediately:
- The cost of the daily rent and the estimated mileage at the rates that the Lessee was acquainted with them and agreed to them.
- Excessive mileage is established by reading from the kilometer counter. If the meter is faulty, mileage is defined by the distances on the map.
- Damages incurred on the leased vehicle and indemnity for not being able to rent the vehicle during repair.
- Pay charges, penalties, court and attorney's fees related to improper parking, violation of traffic regulations, non-payment of billing fees or other violations of the law for the Lessee or the Lessor if they are not caused by the the Lessor.
Even after the completion of the rental, the Lessee is held responsible for the traffic offenses committed.
If for the purpose of charging, the Lessor determines a certain deadline for the Lessee, and he does not pay this contract within the time limit, the Lessor will initiate court proceedings for the collection of his claims.
a.) All vehicles are secured against liability for damage caused to a third party. The deductible franchise depends on the vehicle group and is determined by the applicable fee of the Management Board of the Lessors and is specified in the Contract.
In the event of any damage the Lessee is responsible for, the Lessee is obliged to pay the amount of the value of the vehicle, unless the liability is redeemed by the daily extra charge determined at the Lessor fare.
The risk and the amount of compensation liability can be reduced by the Lessee and by accepting the appropriate extra packages with charges:
- CDW & CDW+ - day-to-day insurance - the Lessee reduces his or her liability for damage to the amount of franchise that is dependent on the vehicle group and if the amount of the damage is less than the franchise, the Lessee pays the smaller (full) amount.
- TP & TP+ - Theft protection - Acceptance of the theft protection benefits the lesee limits his liability for this type of damage to the amount of the damage (franchise).
- PAI - passenger personal insurance - insurance for drivers and passengers is provided for death or invalid cases for which the amount is defined by the insurance policy and applicable law and regulations.
- SCDW - franchise purchase - the Lessee may redeem the participation in the damage.
The insurance does not in any case cover:
- Tires and wheel rims
- The lower vehicle compartment, the interior of the vehicle and the windscreen caused by the negligence of the driver.
- Damage to the engine due to oil shortages, filling up wrong type of fuel or improper use of the vehicle.
- Damage made under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any forbidden supstance.
- Damages made by an unauthorized driver.
- Damage to the vehicle that was not registered at the police station.
The Lessor is not considered to be responsible for any damages or the loss of the lessee's assets in or on the rented vehicle.
b) The Lessor does not guarantee for the damages that the Lessee would incur due to delays in the delivery of the vehicle or any fault on the vehicle that would arise during the lease.
c) The Lessee undertakes to protect the interests of the Lessee and his insurance company in the event of an accident by:
- In case of any damage the Lesee will immediately notify the police station and submit an accident report.
- In case of any accident with injured persons the Lesee will immediately notify the police station and submit an accident report.
- In case of an accident caused by other persons, the Lesee will immediately notify the police station and submit an accident report.
If the Lessee fails to take the above steps in the event of an accident, he or she shall be liable for all consequences and damages to the Lessee of that omission.